Lynas Issue by Dr. HW Looi >>>

I withdraw my support for Lynas after it taking legal action against FMT and Anti-Lynas Commitee

Note: No reply in Malaysiakini’s comment column because I had terminated my MKini subscription some time ago. The ring is here, not elsewhere.

This does not mean I agree with radioactive argument used by Anti-Lynas NGOs.

As an individual sued by Petronas several years ago and know exactly the pains of being bullied by those cash rich companies, I therefore to withdraw my support for Lynas and will remain neutral in this Lynas issue from today onwards.

===============================================

Dear NK Khoo,

I have decided to join you and withdraw my support for Lynas because I have found out that those people at Lynas are not all that nice and in fact they are rather hostile and this together with the hostility of certain component party of the government makes me feel that it is an exercise of futility to try and support the Lynas company.

Thanking you,

Warmest regards,

And God bless you.

Dato’ Dr Looi

Maniam says:

Dr Looi

Not sure if you have read this latest report:

A report released by a prominent German environmental research institute has warned that the controversial Lynas rare earth refinery has not met safety standards, confirming widespread fears which have resulted in continued public protests against the Australian firm.

qabila says:

tak sabar gua tengok si Adnan potong telinga!

WJS says:

We can choose not to support Lynas due to their improper conduct, or due to them being complicit with the BN government in the corruption involved in setting up the LAMP facility. But at the same time we have to continue fighting to dismantle all the lies and disinformation that has been spread regarding nuclear energy, rare earths and radioactivity.

What irritates me no end is that the anti-Lynas supporters will immediately label people who have differing opinions as “BN cybertrooper”, “Lynas goon”, or say that we were paid by BN. With such a high degree of political immaturity, I don’t think the future will be any brighter under PR rule. These people refuse to be educated, and they refuse to learn facts.

I’ve given up trying to educate them on nuclear energy and radioactivity. It is hopeless. Thanks to PR we’ll have a generation of anti-science anti-progress youths who are ignorant but at the same time extremely arrogant.

The lies that they’ve been fed can only be dismantled with the forcible implementation of high-tech rare earth processing plants like LAMP, and the unilateral adoption of nuclear energy. After a decade or two, when Malaysians are finally familiar with radioactivity, nuclear technology and rare earths processing, they will realize how wrong they were.

That is true. Malaysia education system is not training a person to think rationally and logically, but more to prepare for exam.

Raymond Sng says:

To make students setia to BN!

Thrisha says:

We must support Himpunan Hijau at Pengerang Johor on 30 September 2012!

Frenz says:

Himpunan Hijau in Raub on 2 September in the hometown of Yen Yen to protest against cyanide.
Nkkhoo should provide more insight on this with the help of Prof Looi.

Gold mining is bad to environment is a proven case. No need experts to advise you on this.

芯心 says:

A Letter To Pengerang 给边加兰人的一封信

石化工業可以因為炒地而令地主發達???

有機會去台灣高雄玩的話,你可以問問當地人:“石化工業的進駐是­不是會讓土地增值?”當地人大概會問候你祖宗十八代!這就是為什­麼,台灣人會那麼迫切想要石化工業離開他們的家園!

Kaohsiung is a pro-independence green area, they will reject anything from Kuamintang.

瑞尼 says:

边加兰村民将边加兰从荒芜建成村落与小镇;不过,当后辈感恩与享受先贤劳苦后的丰硕果实之时,突然的石化工程,却让村民担心受怕祖坟的尸骨无存。

瑞尼 says:

930绿色盛会即将在2012年9月30日Pengerang举行, 这是​由马来群众发起的运动,并非由自救联盟所举办。 边佳兰村民大会的目的如下:

1) 向大马首相、柔州州务大臣和国油管理层传达一项信息:边佳兰居民不同意边佳兰石化综合计划和深水码头计划。

2) 此大会将作为边佳兰村民表明立场和捍卫居民权益(我的甘榜,由我做主)的场合。

3) 边佳兰村民想知道在2012年8月13日,于育本华小礼堂,由柔州经济策划组召开的双边会谈中,县署与柔州经济发展组对该会议中的提问的答复。

4) 邀请柔州州务大臣、柔州经济策划组、土地局和柔州政府亲临现场聆听人民心声。长久以来,唯有政府呼吁人民出席发展计划的会议,这次,人民呼吁政府聆听人民所面对的难题。

5) 对长久以来国会、州议会中人民代议士在报章言论中指人民支持这项计划的言论作出纠正,现在边佳兰社区本身将证明他们都不赞成。

5) 生存权:渔民和农民失去生计,大部分村民是渔民和农民,他们在搬迁到新地方后将失去工作。

6) 文化遗产的价值必须受到优先看待。

7) 环境保护。

8) 村民呼吁滥用土地征用法令(486号法令)的情况必须被制止。

大会将收集意见并在总结后草拟一份备忘录,以便提交给大马首相、柔州州务大臣和国油管理层。

yonghua says:

Himpunan Hijau “Occupy Balok- Gebeng 24 hours”

Full day 24 hours activities galore from 12pm 23 June 2012 at Balok beach to show the people’s displeasure of a rare earth plant just 25 km away from Kuantan town.

为了延续反对莱纳斯稀土厂的热潮,绿色盛会委员会宣佈,​將在6月23日发动「佔领巴洛-格宾24小时」运动,並​號召全马人民踊跃出席,以终结稀土厂计划。这场大规模佔​领运动將於6月23日中午12点,在关丹巴洛掀开序幕,​並於24日中午12点在格宾结束。

Victini says:

Watch this 6-minue video and let us know if you are still supporting that BN’s Rapid project at Pengerang, Johor:

六分鐘讓你了解國光石化

國光石化案將進入環保署進行環評會議,反國光石化青年聯盟希望能夠在此一會議讓國光石化撤案,因此號招了各地青年發起遍地開花的小型集會,表達反國光的訴求­。

Go back to stone age is only pollution free solution.

Victini says:

(星洲日报 2012-05-17 全国版 第22页)
台湾人拒绝国光石化理由 『有毒物质污染空气』

(星洲日报 2012-05-17 全国版 第37页 评论)拥抱化工业?
『那为什么他们所处的国家,拒绝了他们设厂?』
『尤其是彭亨和柔佛的人民,他们或许可以影响未来政府的绿色政策。不要忘了,我国之前宣布要新建的核电厂,还没有物色到地点呢。』

Go read Chinese papers in Taiwan, not all Taiwan people object the project. Only those stay nearby the proposed project site object the project for selfishness reason.

No people wanted to have factories in their area, but have no problem to buy products from these factories if the factories are not located in their area.

I always say people like you is a typical hypocrite, using electricity from the natural gas and coal-fired power plant is contributing more CO2 to the world atmosphere than nuclear plant.

勇华 says:

边佳兰: 祖先坟墓被挖
活人走投无路,死人死­不瞑目

Chungying says:

Do you allow the graves of your ancestors to be desecrated in the name of bn development?

salim says:

did you kena the shit water?

I kena teargas only.

Dato' Dr HW Looi says:

Dear NK Khoo,

Thanking you,

Warmest regards,

And God bless you.

Dato’ Dr Looi

Thank, Dr. Looi.

The teargas makes me stronger.

Dato' Dr HW Looi says:

Dear NK Khoo,

I can fully understand how strongly you feel about companies suing idividuals and organisations. I dislike such actions as well.

However in the case of Lynas, they are fighting for their life and this is through no fault of their own. They were just unlucky enough to be caught in a political game and used as a convenient scapegoat in order to win the next general election.

If after borrowing billions of dollars from the banks and innocently investing in Malaysia and through no fault of theirs, they are faced with possible bankruptcy, we cannot blame them for doing what they are doing i.e. fighting for their life.

In your case of Petronas suing you, well that is definitely a ridiculous, frivolous and unfair thing to do. Petronas was not losing any money and they were not going bankrupt at that time and whatever the statements you made would not make any difference to them.

Warmest regards,

Dato’ Dr Looi.

I agree with you Lynas has the right to sue them to defend its survival and benefits of stalkholder.

Your bother Uncle Looi did help me when Petronas sued me.