Law & Judiciary >>>

This is nothing new if the passers-by are Chinese

I hate to say this is SOP for Malaysian Chinese who are notoriously known as kiasi and selfish in nature.

I saw a similar incident in Muar town when I was a teenager, a Malay man attacked two injured Indians after a motorbike accident. At least 10 Chinese passers-by were watching the attack, but none of them intervened and stopped the attack.

I have to admit I was too weak and afraid to come forward at that time besides my super kiasi elder brother who was dragging me out from the scene.

The Malay man finally stopped to attack two Indians who were lying on the ground after they begged and apologized to him for causing accident. I suspect the Malay is either a soldier or police from his body build and haircut.

Frankly speaking, no Chinese will come forward even they see a girl is raped in the broad daylight.

I spit on Chinese even I am a Chinese.

Passers-by did nothing as teen gets beaten to death

The Star/Asia News Network
Friday, Oct 26, 2012

MALACCA: A crowd of some 30 passers-by just stood by and watched two boys beat up 14-year-old bully victim K. Saravannan at the Tampin Bus Terminal.

Nobody came forward to stop the boys from attacking Saravannan, who later succumbed to his injuries, during the incident, with some even leaving after seeing him lying unconscious on the first floor of the terminal.

State Crime Investigation Department chief ACP Raja Shahrom Raja Abdullah said witnesses told the police that they saw two boys attacking Saravannan during the incident, which was witnessed by some 30 people.

“We have eye-witnesses. The victim’s friend rushed him to the hospital but he died on the way,” he said yesterday.

ACP Raja Shahrom said based on initial report, Saravannan, from SMK Pulau Sebang in Tampin, Alor Gajah, was believed to have died due to brain and spinal injuries consistent with blunt force.

During the 2.30pm attack on Wednesday, Saravannan was waiting for the bus with another friend on the second floor of the terminal when a group of schoolboys confronted him.

The attack, which saw Saravannan being violently kicked and stomped on, was believed to have started following a series of arguments between the Form Two student and the group, who had often mocked his style of walking.

A trader at the terminal said that the boys fled after several of them ran to the victim’s aid.

Two 14-year-old boys, said ACP Raja Shahrom, had been picked up following the attack while another five were being questioned.

“Both boys are under remand for 14 days,” he said, adding that the boys were playing in a field near Pulau Sebang in Tampin when they were detained at 6pm on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Saravannan’s mother, M. Mala, 36, said her only son had suddenly hugged her the night before he was killed.

“He told me that he loved me. He also kept telling me that he would take good care of me. I can’t believe he is gone,” she said at the Malacca Hospital mortuary here.

It was the third time that her son had complained of being bullied, said Mala.

The comment board with Facebook account.