My home PC still got three pirated video editing softwares. Still actively looking for open source or freeware to replace them.
1. Video capture software with sound recording from the source feature unlike the open source, CamStudio. Sound recording from speaker in my CamStudio is still not working. I believe this issue is related to sound card configuration.
2. Video splitter and joiner. Freeware SolveighMM AVI Trimmer may be able to replace these two since most of my video files are in AVI and WMV format. Still evaluating SolveighMM AVI Trimmer for its stability.
PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
And the best: PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
Where to download? http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
Unable to install PDFCreator 1.6.2 virtual printer in Windows XP Pro?
This is the solution,
1. Install PDFCreator program, even with the errors.
2. Add Printer -> Local Printer (uncheck detect Plug & Play) -> specify the PDFCreator port and GS9.05 Driver by manually select it in c:\program files\pdfcreator\GS9.05\gs9.05\Lib\ghostpdf.inf
3. Test print out.
These two commands in Windows XP folder are missing in the Windows 7 Starter, not sure other versions suffer the same problem or not.
Move to command is very useful for users who move a lot of files. I found a registry installer to reinstall the commands in internet.
There is another loophole to make pirated Windows 8 Pro to licensed version for free. I have no yet tested it, but some websites reported it worked.
Ask for a free product key for Windows 8 Media Center Pro from Microsoft’ website.
Hit the shortcut, Win+W, then type “add features.” Select “Add features to Windows 8.”
Click on “I already have a product key,” then enter your product key. Click Next to continue.
Agree to the licensing agreement, then click “Add features.”
DrivePurge is a freeware application for system and drive cleanup.
The most important features are:
- DrivePurge seeks and removes unneccessary files and user tracks of more than 750 applications and system components.
- Found files and Registry entries can be individually selected or deselected.
- DrivePurge can search in whole drives or in selected folders for files or file types.
- DrivePurge is portable and runs on USB devices.
Where to download? http://www.gaijin.at/en/dldrivepurge.php